JDayMinis, 1:48 & 1:12 Scale Minis, Laser Cut Designs too.

Wednesday, May 13, 2009

New Micro Miniature Project 3, French Country Flower Shop, Paperclay




I finally was able to work on this project last night. I did a watercolour wash on the tiles, then I hope to put gloss on each of the separate tiles to leave the grout dull and the tiles with a bit of a sheen. Watered down watercolour was used as a wash in a mix of Holbein's Burnt Sienna and Windsor Newton's Indian Blue, these colours don't fade as do some watercolours. A blending brown and blue to make grey rather than using grey seems to add more interest.

I also added a bit of Sap Green to the walkway for a hint of moss and painted inside the water feature with a mix including Cobalt Green mixed in Woodland Scenics "Water Effects". I will keep adding more transparent on top to fill the pond. The walls had a very diluted wash of the brown and blue mix too. I have kept the same mix to finish the outside of the structure too.

The base warped a bit more on the edges after doing the washed but I was able to bend it flat. I hope to work on the windows and then I will add the outside paperclay. I will be adding more paint to the stones as I contine.

I've really been having fun going through some French decorating books, one is called Provencal Living with great pictures for ideas another I bought when I was painting the cabinets in our home's kitchen cabinets with herbs. It is surprising how books that aren't even related can have great ideas. I was also looking online at paintings of scenes in France. We are so lucky having the web for inspiration! Thank you again to all my followers, I really enjoy seeing what everyone else is doing so much, so inspiring!!

6 comments:

  1. It's looking fabulous, Jean! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! It looks great already, love the doors and the tiles.
    * marlies

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just darling - I can't wait to see how you decorate it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Te quedará fantastico, muy buena idea.
    Un abrazo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow Jean its wonderful, I cant wait to see it finished.
    Debie xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much, so nice of you to take the time to leave a comment and to visit my blog!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails