Friday, May 22, 2009
New Micro Miniature Project 6, French Country Flower Shop, Vines and Flowers
Such a great time of the year for real gardening and I've been very busy with orders, dancing and life but the other morning I woke up at 5:30 and thought it would be a great time to work on this micro project. I've also been working on it in the evenings sometimes. It has been so much fun to get lost in such a little world again.
I really wanted a vine for the front of the flower shop, creeping up through the stones. Years ago when we were walking along a beach a bunch of trees had eroded from a cliff and their tiny roots were exposed, so I brought a few of the tiny roots home. They worked really well for this, they were flexible and easy to glue. I found some more tinier roots while gardening that I can use for shrubs too. I used some old licopodium cut from the stem for the leaves. I liked the way they were blowned in parts. For the tree on the side of the shop I used dark green sponge foam in tiny shreds for the leaves, hope to do a bit more to it.
Worked on the flowers a bit more adding foam and flocking in various colours. I have made my own tiny pieces of foam. I bought rainbow coloured sponges and put them through my very old electric food grinder (I no longer use it for food, but could because it is no different than washing it with tiny sponges I guess, lol). Natural sponges don't work, they just get stuck in the machine, I always figure things out the hard way. I have also bought the sponges at various times in train shops. I can't resist finding new colours. The flocking I bought at a ceramics store years ago, that was selling out, it was mostly in very bright colours. I mixed the colours in bags and shook them up. Orange, purple and turquoise makes a great teddy flocking colour. I still haven't aged the containers yet.