JDayMinis, 1:48 & 1:12 Scale Minis, Laser Cut Designs too.

Friday, May 22, 2009

New Micro Miniature Project 6, French Country Flower Shop, Vines and Flowers







Such a great time of the year for real gardening and I've been very busy with orders, dancing and life but the other morning I woke up at 5:30 and thought it would be a great time to work on this micro project. I've also been working on it in the evenings sometimes. It has been so much fun to get lost in such a little world again.

I really wanted a vine for the front of the flower shop, creeping up through the stones. Years ago when we were walking along a beach a bunch of trees had eroded from a cliff and their tiny roots were exposed, so I brought a few of the tiny roots home. They worked really well for this, they were flexible and easy to glue. I found some more tinier roots while gardening that I can use for shrubs too. I used some old licopodium cut from the stem for the leaves. I liked the way they were blowned in parts. For the tree on the side of the shop I used dark green sponge foam in tiny shreds for the leaves, hope to do a bit more to it.

Worked on the flowers a bit more adding foam and flocking in various colours. I have made my own tiny pieces of foam. I bought rainbow coloured sponges and put them through my very old electric food grinder (I no longer use it for food, but could because it is no different than washing it with tiny sponges I guess, lol). Natural sponges don't work, they just get stuck in the machine, I always figure things out the hard way. I have also bought the sponges at various times in train shops. I can't resist finding new colours. The flocking I bought at a ceramics store years ago, that was selling out, it was mostly in very bright colours. I mixed the colours in bags and shook them up. Orange, purple and turquoise makes a great teddy flocking colour. I still haven't aged the containers yet.

22 comments:

  1. Wow! Luv the vines around your shop... Thanks for sharing your beautiful country micro shop

    May

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh! This is SO adorable!
    I'm glad I see this! :)
    And the good thing is: it doesn't takes much place :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much May and Stephanie.
    I'm so pleased you like it. It really doesn't take up much room at all. But I really should take a photo of how covered my table and floor get with containers and odds and ends while I'm working on it, lol!

    Mini Hugs, Jean

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow....I just cannot imagine ever working that small.

    it is truly amazing jean...well done.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow - looks amazing! and those roots are working perfectly! -ara

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jean I don't know if you've seen this product but you can use this to make mini flowers:-
    https://sslrelay.com/www.fineflowersinminiature.com/sess/utn;jsessionid=154a17107140cd8/shopdata/index.shopscript

    Its called Fleur-eze, there's another name for it as well, but I can't remember what its called..

    Love how the little shop is coming along..Mini Hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Tallulah~Belle wonderful to see you back, I missed you! Thank you very much! You do exceptionally small minis with your plant parts.

    Ara, Thank you! I keep looking at the rest of the roots and wish I had room for more trees.

    Debbie, Thank you very much for the link. So nice to see what Kathryn and Allan have been working on again. I nearly met Kathryn in England and have enjoyed chatting with her. Kathryn makes wonderful flowers. Love their micro house kits. I like the flower kit too, so many variations of colours to add to my collection.

    Thanks again everyone, Mini Hugs, Jean

    ReplyDelete
  8. Olá!
    Que trabalho espetacular!!!
    Parabéns pelo cuidado e perfeccionismo!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Not that small though...although I do keep playing with the idea of making half scale or smaller geraniums. i think I could do that.

    Thanks for the welcome back..I am all better and good to go again now :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Jean, I really love how all the flowers are coming together. Are you filling up the shop that way? I can imagine how spectacular that is going to be. The vines look really good too. You actually kept roots for years? LOL. I thought I was bad lugging pebbles and stones back from my travels..lol

    ReplyDelete
  11. Leo, Thank you so much, so kind of you.

    Sans, The flowers are really fun but the shop will have quite a few different areas. Oh, yes, I have kept the roots for about 15 yrs or more, lol. There are so many odds and ends that work for miniatures that I don't like to throw out. Miniatures can sure take up a lot of room as I'm sure they must for you too with all your elephants!! Thank you very much!

    Mini Hugs, Jean

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's coming along beautifully, Jean, as I knew it would. I, too, have a stash of tiny roots in my workroom for when they're needed. Watching for nicely shaped roots sure makes weeding in the garden more enjoyable, doesn't it? lol

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my gosh........You are GOOD....really, really good. I love it. Great job...

    Blessings,
    Spencer

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a nice idea, and it's coming together so beautiful! Incredible work and thanks for sharing the process!
    Love the vines, and the sponge flowers are really nice!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Jean,it is so small that a totaly mised your blog,haha! Sorry!

    It is amazing...I have just 1 question...HOW?

    Hugs,Sabiha

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am getting so much pleasure watching you make this adorable little shop....it is so lovely.

    Regards, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  17. I can't wait to see more. Using things like roots always makes me nervous, just because I've had a few bad experiances with natural materials over time, but I guess after holding onto them for fifteen years you know what you've got!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thank you so much everyone, I seem to be spending most of the time I have free in our real garden. It is such a beautiful time of year, so exciting to move plants around, buy new bulbs and put in new plants. When I read your wonderful comments it really motivates me to do more on the micro, thank you so much.

    Mini Hugs, Jean

    ReplyDelete
  19. You are very very good Jean!!.Thank's for sharing it with us!
    Felicidades!!!
    Carmen

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love the tiny project! The flowers look great and so real! Like you, I have been spending lots of time in the garden:) Enjoy the weather, and your weekend! Cathy McGhee

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much, so nice of you to take the time to leave a comment and to visit my blog!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails