JDayMinis, 1:48 & 1:12 Scale Minis, Laser Cut Designs too.

Monday, October 31, 2011

Happy Halloween, Scrapbooking for Halloween too!


I've been having so much fun creating scrapbooking pages using commercial papers and my digital downloads of altered art I have been making that I enjoy selling on Etsy. I've been doing digital scrapbooking for a number of years but I hadn't tried real scrapbooking very much until a dear friend of mine invited me over with a small group to do scrapbooking at her house. The first week we made a gift card. This time we did Halloween themed scrapbooking so I bought these small backing papers. It was a wonderful time and she showed us many of the techniques she had learned on line and through experimenting. It is really nice to use old lace I've had for a long time and bits of odds and ends to make these pages. Everyone in the group supplied things. The pages are not the traditional size but just 6" x 6". I really like working in this size (closer to miniature) and hope to attach the pages together, probably with a hole punch and ring or I could make covers from the heavy board which might be more interesting.

The background papers were from a company called Authentique  http://www.authentiquepaper.com
The pad of 48 papers was called "Glowing".  The diamond paper went with my diamonds I added to the background of my altered art witch. Also found the damask paper went perfectly with the damask table cloth of my Mad Hatter altered art. The Mad Hatter was from an antique 1863 photo. I did not change the table cloth but just lightened it up a bit. I thought the table cloth was an amazing design for 1863. The music background also was funl with the haunted houses, I can just hear the music that would be coming from them...

For some of the small signs I used a paper from a Martha Stewart Halloween collection. The wonderful ribbons were supplied by my friend who had so many things for us to use. All of the papers are printed on the backside as well so it means I could add more scraps to the back of the papers too.

I reduced the sizes of my digital downloads for this project from over 5" to about 3" in height and printed them on glossy inkjet photo paper. I first tried the watercolor paper on the laser printer but because of all the dark colours I found that the colour was rubbing off and white was starting to show through. The photo paper worked fabulously.

Have a wonderful Halloween, Hugs, Jean

4 comments:

Thank you very much, so nice of you to take the time to leave a comment and to visit my blog!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails