JDayMinis, 1:48 & 1:12 Scale Minis, Laser Cut Designs too.

Friday, April 10, 2009

Miniature Chinese Room, Making Tiny Chinese Dolls









Thought I would show you some photos of a simple Chinese room box I made years ago. I made a false back to add shelves and a window with an inset sunset, the sunset can be lit. I framed the windows with an old folding screen parts and put smaller folding screens on either side. When I first made it I had different figures on the shelves. When we went with out son's to China, John bought me a set of the tiny teapots for my Birthday (I actually lost my Birthday somehow during the fourteen hours it took us to get there, lol). I love the teapots very much because each was different and made of stoneware. I china painted and made the plates of porcelain and the bowl and plate on the table. While in China I also found the tiny mud figures. The large doll at the back my mom bought for me when she visited china, it is so delicate and sculpted. The lovely green turning on the table was by Rob Tukhum of RJT Miniatures The funiture is commercial but while we were in China we were fortunate to attend the Peking Opera and we sate in chairs and had a table exactly like these.

We also went to a cloisonne factory in China that was amazing, where I bought the tiny vase on the right front. The factory was so interesting, the kiln was built into the ground and a leaver brought everything up and down somehow. I also bought the two cloisonne pictures that were in a photo the blog about our bedroom from my March 24 blog. Couldn't resist a tiny cloisonne teapot too.

The little Chinese Dolls are some of the first miniatures I ever made to sell in the early 80's, can't believe it was that long ago. I put a covered wire through two beads and twisted the wire on top for the hair. Then I painted them with enamel paints. I arranged them on a button and added a bit of tiny white stones. They were really fun to make and there are so many things you can make with plain beads.

13 comments:

  1. Jean this is a beautiful room! I love the tiny chinese dolls. Especially the one under the glass dome!

    xoxox
    Joanna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Jean. I LOVE the little dolls....so clever.

    Happy Easter !

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely little room. I love the little dolls you made, very inventive!
    Mercedes

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this room! Look at all that stuff in there! I love that last pic! Those tiny dolls are so cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so beautiful, I love the little doll in the glass dome. I've been making 24th scale geisha's lately and they are so much fun to do
    julie xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. A beautiful room and I love those little mud dolls. The ones you made sre so precious.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a charming roombox, Jean. I have just recently become interested in Asian miniatures and all the little things you have in there are fascinating. And your tiny handmade dolls are precious.

    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful Room Box Jean. The little dolls are brilliant. Thank you for sharing it with us.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Jean the room is great and I wish you and your family a happy easter.
    Meli

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely lovely roombox. There's so much to see. Thank you so much for sharing. The small dolls are adorable and again thank you for sharing how you made them. Amazing to see how simple ingredients can make a fine stew ;o).

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Jean, I took some pictures at teh Museum for you :). If you feel like, go check them out at my Projects Blog :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. This room is just gorgeous! I love it! The porcelain is exquisite and so nicely painted and I love your little dolls! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I can't help but notice the Chinese doll inside the glass dome as well. It's very detailed for its size, which is wonderful. She's really lifelike, and the clothes made her more beautiful. What you did here in this Chinese room is very admirable. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much, so nice of you to take the time to leave a comment and to visit my blog!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails