JDayMinis, 1:48 & 1:12 Scale Minis, Laser Cut Designs too.

Friday, May 8, 2009

New Micro Miniature Project, French Country Flower Shop






Here are some photos of a new micro project I've started. I would like it to be a French Country Flower and Decorating Shop. I once bought quite a few metal etched gates in N scale that would work well in this project. Micro is 1/144 scale or one inch is equal to twelve feet. I used quarter scale graph paper for my design. Each quarter inch is three feet in micro scale so I have worked out my store and grounds, it is really general but is a start and then I can change my ideas once I'm working. Once I had the shop size and design I cut it out of a lignin and acid free board called Linetek Gooo by Bainbridge. and glued it together with a thick glue, The Ultimate glue.

I used paper clay on the front and walk way of my Micro French Chocolat Shop in the previous blog. I want to use paper clay for the landscaping, walls and floor of this project.
All the pieces were brushed inside and out with a incredibly slow drying acrylic gel. It took about two days to dry completely but there was no warping. The gel is used to mix with acrylic paint keep them from drying so quickly. This coating will hopefully stop my walls and grounds from warping when I add the paper clay.

12 comments:

  1. I'm going to keep a close eye on this Jean...looks interesting, but of course you got me with the 'French Country'....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. Jean you never cease to amaze me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jean this looks like an amazing project ,I take my hat off to you working in such small scales !! your plans look wonderful and I am going to enjoy watching you put this all together :0)
    julie xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looking forward to watching this tiny little project come together.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jean this is so wonderful, love to see it as it progresses....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you, JD for sharing the progress with us. Never seen a micro in action. This is very very interesting for me and I am sure we will learn a lot from you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oooh, how fun! I intend to watch over your shoulder as you build this. I have used paper clay in 1/12th scale, but nothing smaller. It will be good to know if the gel works as you hope it does.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jean can't wait to see this little project as it will progress!
    It is amazing that you can work in such small scales...wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello
    Me too I am looking forward to
    follow this project. It´s hard
    to understand how you can do anything in that small scale!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very interesting Jean. I'm going to enjoy watching this come together. I have wondered how you do those little rooms and now I can see it evolve! Thanks for sharing!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi jean,earlier I left a comment,but my name has been changed into Thijs in a strange way?I do not know how that is possible,but it is allright again!
    I also wanted to say that I have an award for you on my blog,so come and pick it up!

    Regards,Sabiha

    ReplyDelete
  12. So tiny and so many details, I let me surprise how you going to do!
    * marlies

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much, so nice of you to take the time to leave a comment and to visit my blog!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails