JDayMinis, 1:48 & 1:12 Scale Minis, Laser Cut Designs too.

Friday, February 12, 2010

Free Printable Valentine Cards, B.C.Winter Olympics, My Mom's Cookie Recipe, New Kits







First I would like to thank all of my followers, such an inspiration visiting your blogs and knowing you care if I'm here. My apologies for not listing in Dec., we went on a wonderful three week, four continental cruise. We visited Italy, Spain, France, Gibraltar, Morocco, Canary Islands, Brazil, Barbados and Dominica and then home from Florida on time to celebrate Christmas. Everywhere we visited was so special, took so many photos that I hope to share.

It is very exciting here in BC as the 2010 Winter Olympics is starting in Vancouver today. I live in Victoria which is really close. I wish I had tickets but it is great to watch it on TV. Right now I'm watching the Torch Relay as it makes it's way to Vancouver. As the Poppytalk blog mentioned "Go Canada Go"!

I'm offer free Valentine Printable postcards and cards shown above, the first should print in one twelfth & quarter scale and the second set of images is larger. There are beautiful cards from a lovely postcard album from 1910 I bought last year and couldn't resist sharing them.

The next three photos I've shown above are new kits I'm offering through my eBay store and my website http://jdayminis.com  January and Feburary are my favorite design months as my mini business is often slower but that hasn't happened this year. To make more time in my day we've started waking up earlier and going for walk, it has worked well.

One kit shown above is called Newborn Queen of Heart's Baby. One customer mentioned she was going to use it for an Alice on Wonderland scene which I thought was a terrific idea.
I designed it using images from my vintage childrens Queen of Heart's book.

The apron kit is called Vintage Ginger Spice Apron. I have inherited many beautiful vintage aprons my grandmother and mother used to wear. I wanted this to look like an old apron from the 20's to 50's. I designed the gores and square bodice with a bias tape look as was used in so many of the designs or that era.

Today was my mother's Birthday and I miss her since she passed away. I've been thinking of how she really gave me a love for baking. She always said she loved blending the butter and sugar by hand and I do too. In memory of mom, I thought I would share her favorite cookie recipe that I enjoy making too. Since I need a gluten free diet, I just substitute for the 3C flour...rice flour and tapioca flour. The blended raisins really help to hold the gluten free cookies together. It is a lovely moist recipe.

Mom's Raisin Cookies

Blend with a spoon: 1 Cup butter and 1½ C. white sugar until smooth

Blend in a blender until the raisins are pretty well liquified:
2 eggs
3 T. milk
1 C. raisins

add: 1½ t. soda
1½ t.cream of tartar
½ t. salt
1 t. vanilla
3 C. flour

Spoon onto baking sheet and bake until golden brown and still moist. Bake at 350° for 8-10 min. or 325° in a convection oven. I like to add 1 C. chocolate chips, nuts or raisins or all.

All the best,
Mini Hugs, Jean

11 comments:

  1. Hi, Jean! Your trip sounds wonderful. Thank you for these beautiful printies! I've changed the name of my blog to Peach Blossom Hill from Mini Leaps and Bounds so dropped off the radar myself. Hope you are well! And I've got to add your blog back to mine as I lost all of my blogs when I changed the name!

    Jody

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jean, thanks for the birthday wishes, I'm sending some to your mom, too! Her cookie recipe sounds delicious, can't wait to try it out.

    Beautiful printies and new kits, too!

    Your cruise sounds fabulous! Hope you'll post some pictures.

    - Grace

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jean, thank you so much for the printies!!! They are so beautiful!!
    Hugs
    Meli

    ReplyDelete
  4. printies are so cute, thank for sharing us...regards

    ReplyDelete
  5. So happy to see you back in blogland. Love these printies because thanks to Katie, I have come to adore mini mail and cards. I will be visiting Italy and Slovenia in 3 days :). Can't wait to see your pictures !

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Jean:
    Thank you for sharing your special cookie recipe, it looks very good!
    Yes, there is a lot of excitement here with the Olympics, we weren't able to get tickets either but we did enjoy cheering on the torch when it passed close to the house.
    Thank you for the printables, have a Happy Valentine's Day!
    Maia

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hola Jean!
    Gracias por los imprimibles, son muy bonitos.
    Un saludo y Feliz San Valentin.
    Ana.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Jean,
    Those are adorable!
    Thanks so much for visiting my blog.
    Have a wonderful week,
    Rosemary

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm so pleased are all enjoying the printables, thank you so much for leaving your messages. Mini Hugs, Jean

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sans, So exciting you are visiting Italy. We had the most wonderful time there. We went touring and shopping in Florence and then had lunch and wine tasting in a castle in the Tuscany region, so beautiful!! I'm looking forward to your photos. We are going to Venice and Rome as part of a cruise this year and hope to stay in Venice for a few days.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cute Cute Cute! The Olympics are exciting! BC is beautiful, and your printables are sooo cute!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much, so nice of you to take the time to leave a comment and to visit my blog!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails